Behaviour for learning is critical and underpins everything that we do here at Flegg High Ormiston Academy.It is an integral part of teaching and learning and contributes highly to school improvement, higher attainment, higher achievement, a happier and safer environment and the well being of all.
Flegg High Ormiston Academy strives to be an outstanding school therefore pupils’ consistently thoughtful behaviour should be an outstanding factor in their successful learning and help to create an extremely positive school ethos.
Pupils should be highly considerate and very supportive of each other in and out of lessons. Behaviour for all groups around the school is expected to be exemplary and pupils should encourage others to conduct themselves well.
Outstanding behaviour in all aspects of school life is necessary. We seek to create a positive, caring, learning environment in the school by:
- Promoting outstanding behaviour and discipline
- Promoting self-esteem, self-discipline, proper regard for authority and
- Promoting relationships based on mutual respect
- Ensuring fairness of treatment for all
- Encouraging consistency of response to both positive and negative behaviour
- Promoting early intervention
- Providing a safe environment free from disruption, violence, bullying and any form of harassment
- Encouraging a positive relationship with parents and carers to develop a shared approach to behaviour management
Flegg High Ormiston Academy consistently implements a very clear structure of 3 levels of behaviour and appropriate sanctions, including support for our most challenging students to help them manage their behaviour to ensure the best possible outcomes for all students.
We also recognise the importance of rewarding learners for positive behaviour and outcomes.